If you grew up eating rice every day, it might be that you have become an avid lover or hater of rice. I eat rice every day and am still fond of various rice dishes. Rice is a popular dish for many people. For people like us, the rice cooker is a great invention and a must-have in our homes. Rice is a favorite mainly because it can be cooked in so many ways, and this process can be made much easier using the best rice cookers.Nowadays rice cookers come with fuzzy logic technology or computerization so that your rice will turn out perfect no matter what. Of course, you can also get a simple rice cooker for a small price. Whether you are looking for a one-button rice cooker or one with multiple functions like settings for brown rice, soups and porridge, there are a few things you should take note of. One of these is the inner pot of the rice cooker. Choose a non stick pot not only for easy cleaning, but also for less waste as the rice will slide out of the pan easily without leaving any crust in the pan. Some people prefer a stainless steel pot because they are wary of using cookware with non stick coatings. Simple rice cookers are widely available from brands like Aroma. Aroma rice cookers are affordable and easy to use. Most of them also come with a steamer for steaming veggies or fish on top of the rice. They are highly popular as they are cheap and useful. Many Aroma rice cooker
reviews can be found at online.If you are looking for a fuzzy logic rice cooker you may consider Zojirushi or Panasonic rice cookers. These rice cookers are just as easy to use and provide numerous settings for the user. You can even bake a cake in some of these rice cookers!
Here are some great rice recipes that I like to use when I'm in the mood for fancy rice dishes
Golden Basmati Rice with Peas [JennasEverythingBlog]
2 cups basmati rice
4 cups water
4 TBS butter
1 TBS turmeric
1 tsp salt
2 cups frozen peas (or more, to taste)
Cilantro to garnish, optional
Put the rice, salt, and turmeric in the rice cooker and stir everything around until combined. Add the water and butter, and cook in the rice cooker until done. Add the frozen peas a few minutes before serving, and toss them in the hot rice. The heat of the rice will cook them to the perfect temperature. If desired, garnish with cilantro.Chicken Paella [Taste.com.au]
The rice cooker is simply the best thing invented for rice lovers like us, don't you think? A cup of rice gives you energy and good calories for the day. Start cooking rice in a rice cooker now, you'll find it easy with simple rice cookers like Aroma or fuzzy logic rice cookers like Zojirushi rice cookers.
- Place saffron in a small bowl. Add boiling water and set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a paella pan or a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, onion and garlic to pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until soft. Add chicken. Cook, turning often, for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden. Add wine and 1/2 cup stock. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, turning occasionally, over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- Add rice, saffron mixture, tomatoes, paprika and 1 1/2 cups stock. Return to simmer and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally to prevent mixture from catching on bottom of pan, for 15 minutes or until almost all liquid is absorbed.
- Add peas, chorizo and remaining 1/2 cup stock. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until stock is just absorbed. Season with salt and pepper. Serve paella at the table from the pan.